The Episcopal Church
of the Mediator welcomes you to Micanopy!
Church of the Mediator is
a member of the Florida Diocese, The Episcopal Church, USA.
Our vision as an inclusive Christian Church in this community is:
• to share God-centered worship
• to be a Christ-forgiven people
• to serve all our neighbors
• while inviting everyone to grow with us in our walk with Christ.
Sunday worship services:
8 AM Holy Communion
11 AM Traditional Episcopal order, music to praise God, and Holy Communion.
Paid professional childcare is provided during our 11 AM service.
What you might find at the Mediator…
• Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, we worship at 7 PM
• We gather at 10 AM Sundays and most Wednesdays at 6 PM for
a regular study of the Bible.Fr. Al Durrance, of the Order of St. Luke
the physician teaches monthly.
• We support the Kairos prison ministry so inmates in prison can
know the love of God.
• Church of the Mediator coordinates the holiday outreach program
in Micanopy at Thanksgiving and Christmas, serving over 50 Micanopy
families in need.
• We send youth of our church family and other local youth to
church camp on a 100% scholarship basis.
• St. Luke’s Church in Ciego de Avila is our companion church
in Cuba. We swap visits, e-mail, encouragement, and prayers with each
• The church hosts a weekly meeting of the Cub Scouts.
• AA meets Sunday nights.
"Episcopal" means "having Bishops." We are part
of the Diocese of Florida, served by our Bishop whose cathedral is in
Jacksonville. The Episcopal Church in the United States of America is
a daughter church of the Church of England. Because of our English heritage,
we are often called "Anglicans." Our present Bishop, the Rt.
Rev. John Howard is the 8th Bishop of Florida.
We welcome you to any of
our services and activities.
Fr. Les Singleton, Vicar